First Christian Church
First Christian Church invites you to celebrate your wedding ceremony with us. Your wedding is more than a date on the calendar. It is more than a social event. It is even more than a simple church service. Your wedding represents a declaration before God and your community of your lifelong commitment to one another. It is an honor for us to be able to serve as the host community for your wedding, and we look forward to a beautiful service for you, your families, and your loved ones. We are an open and affirming congregation and we offer the same services to all couples.
First Christian Church offers:
- A beautiful sanctuary that seats approximately 250
- Stained glass windows
- Pipe organ and grand piano
- Plentiful free parking
- Handicap access to sanctuary and rest rooms
- Spacious dressing area for the bride to prepare for her day
- One pair candelabra (you furnish candles)
- Two wood and brass candle-lighters
- Unity candle holders (you furnish candles)
- Oak pedestals for flowers
- Amplification system for soloists and/or recorded music
- Projection Screens
- An area to be used for lunches during picture-taking or a rehearsal dinner
- We also have reception facilities- please ask for details
We require that one of our ministers officiate at all weddings held at First Christian. However, at the invitation of one of our ministers, a clergy-person of your choosing may assist in the ceremony. (Please note there will be an additional charge of $200.00 for this accommodation.) For more information you may contact the church office.
Be sure to call and arrange an appointment with our minister who will be performing your ceremony. (S)he will want to meet with you at least once, to get acquainted and to talk over the ceremony. Generally, the minister will spend several hours with you in premarital counseling and wedding planning. If you have any questions about accommodations for your wedding, please contact our Office Manager at 319-337-4181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You do not have to be a member of First Christian Church to have your wedding in our sanctuary. If you are interested in becoming a member or would like more information about the church, please let us know.
Scheduling Your Wedding
To inquire about booking a wedding, please contact our Office Manager at 319-337-4181 or email@example.com. To book a wedding you will be required to fill out an information sheet and make a deposit.
MEMBERS (With FCC Pastor as officiate & FCC musician)
+ Sanctuary -- $250 ($100 deposit required to reserve date) Includes use of building for rehearsal and wedding.
+ Minister -- $100
+Organist / Pianist -- $125 minimum
+ Reception in Fellowship Hall -- $500 (negotiable depending on number of persons)
+ FCC Wedding Coordinator -- $100 (optional)
NON-MEMBERS (With FCC Pastor as officiate & FCC musician)
+ All services and fees are mandatory other than musician and wedding coordinator.
+ Sanctuary -- $500 (non-refundable $100 deposit required to reserve date) Includes use of building for rehearsal and wedding.
+ Minister -- $300 (includes counseling sessions)
+ FCC Wedding Coordinator -- $100
+ FCC Organist / Pianist -- $125
+ Janitorial Fee -- $50
+ Sound Equipment Fee -- $50
+ Date Change- an additional $50.00. There will be an additional $50.00 fee to change your wedding date once you’ve already booked.
Deposit – A non-refundable deposit of $100.00 is required at the time you book your wedding. The balance is due one week prior to the rehearsal date. Please make checks payable to First Christian Church. We are unable to take credit cards.
If you are planning a large wedding, one of the church’s wedding coordinators may be present during your rehearsal and on the day of your wedding to ensure things go smoothly. Should you choose to hire outside wedding coordinators, we will be happy to have their assistance, but please be aware that our minister will be in charge of directing the ceremony.
Music & Multi-Media Presentations
The wedding fee schedule includes the services of the church organist and/or pianist. You are welcome to bring in your own musicians, but all outside music must be pre-approved by the church. PowerPoint programs may be shown on the screens in the sanctuary.
The church will be opened for photographs on your wedding day by arrangement with the Pastor.
You will have a rehearsal (Generally one day prior to your wedding). During the rehearsal the minister and hostess will walk the wedding party through the ceremony. Rehearsals usually last about one hour. Musicians are generally present at the rehearsals. We have a fellowship hall and kitchen which may be used to serve a rehearsal dinner, but please make arrangements through the pastor if you wish to use this service. Please ask all participants to arrive a few minutes early, so that we may begin on time.
There is ample free parking in the church parking lot.
We strongly suggest that you arrange for the following assistants:
- One guest book attendant (also responsible for getting the book to the reception)
- One or two persons to take gifts
- Someone to pin on corsages and boutonnieres.
- Someone to transport the flowers to the reception.
- Someone to transport gifts from the church after the wedding.
- Someone to be responsible for the rings
When ordering your invitations, use the following address as the location of the church:
First Christian Church
900 Lincolnshire Place, just off of North Dubuque Street (1.25 miles north of I-80)
Coralville, IA 52241
Wedding License and Fee Balance
Be sure to obtain your wedding license at least three days prior to the wedding date. The balance of fees for your wedding is due no later than one week prior to your wedding date.
Flowers, Candles and Decorations
Doors will be opened for flower delivery and decorating at the agreed upon time block for the wedding. If available, you may schedule additional set-up time. Floral arrangements may be placed on the communion table, baptistery cover, pedestals in the chancel area, and the candelabra. Arrangements should not obstruct the organist’s or pianist’s view.
- Absolutely no floral decorations or candles are to be placed on the piano or organ.
- Flowers girls may drop silk floral petals only, because real flower petals may stain the carpet.
- If you plan on using a unity candle, you will need to supply one pillar candle and two 12-inch tapers.
- All candles should be of the dripless variety.
- Aisle runners may be used provided they are securely fixed to the floor to avoid accidental injury.
Photographs and Video Recordings
- We recommend that your photos be taken before the wedding. Photos may be taken during the wedding from the back of the sanctuary without flashes.
- Flash photos are not permitted once the ceremony has begun.
- Video cameras are welcome, so long as the technician does not require additional lighting, and does not create a distraction to the ceremony.
A church wedding is also a service of worship, and we feel that both instrumental and vocal music should be of the highest quality and appropriate for a church sanctuary. We will be pleased to arrange for our musicians to be a part of your wedding. You are welcome to bring in your own musicians (other than an organist or pianist, but music must be pre-approved by the church. The church’s musicians generally do attend the rehearsal.
Other Important Details
- No smoking or use of alcohol are permitted in any part of the building at any time.
- The moving and/or rearranging of furniture in the sanctuary is permitted only by special arrangement with the Pastor. Oak flower pedestals are an exception.
- Bird seed, rose petals, or rice may be thrown on the front walk outside the building. Also, no animals (doves, butterflies, etc.) may be used. Bubbles, sparklers, and crushed lavender are permitted to be used outside the building.
- Purses and other valuables should always be left in someone’s care and not in the dressing rooms during the ceremony. First Christian Church is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Generally, the church does not supply table cloths, linens, or china.
If you have additional questions, please contact our Office Manager at 319-337-4181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.